One Club, Many Disciplines
Mason Cycling Club (George Mason University Cycling Club) is a USA Cycling recognized Division One collegiate racing club representing George Mason University in the Atlantic Collegiate Cycling Conference.
Race for Mason
Mason Cycling is one of the few clubs that will allow any interested student athlete member to race in any CAT A, B, or C ACCC Collegiate Event provided they have a current USA Cycling Collegiate License.
We take on the responsibility of coaching our members in proven USA Cycling methodologies that include sportsmanship, athletic conditioning, competitive cycling skills, team building, individual athleticism, and collegiate competition.
By building your skills over the four years you attend George Mason University, our goal is to take you from CAT C or CAT B beginner to a CAT A experienced racer.
If you race at the CAT A level and earn enough points to earn a championship slot, Mason Cycling will support your entry, travel, and accommodations to allow you to attend one of the collegiate national championships.
No other club provides this amount of participation opportunity!
How do I Join the Racing Team?
To become a Race Team member of Mason Cycling, you need to do the same steps as any other member, with a few additions:
- Be a full-time George Mason University student (e.g. 9-Credits or above) in good standing with the University during the year of membership
- Complete all the forms in the Club Sports Pre-Participation Packet and have those forms completed in IMLeagues.
- Obtained a Sports Physical within the last 365 days and/or have it on file with the George Mason University Athletics Department
- Pay a one time (once a school year) annual dues (estimated 2017-2018 Annual Dues are $100)
- Race Team Only: Have a bicycle that is acceptable for one of the five collegiate level competition disciplines (i.e. road, mountain, gravity, cyclocross, track).
- Race Team Only: Have a current USA Cycling Collegiate License (to be obtained after membership has been approved)
If you have any questions about Mason Cycling, or would like to join, contact us today: