A collegiate cycling club is only as strong as its members.
We are always looking for new members to join our club!
Become a Patriot
Mason Cycling membership is open to any full-time George Mason University students interested in social or competitive cycling.
Who We Are
Mason Cycling Club (George Mason University Cycling Club) is a co-ed USA Cycling recognized collegiate cycling club founded in October 2012.
As an active part of George Mason University Recreation as a Co-Ed Club Sport, Mason Cycling welcomes any level of experience.
We ride just about any kind of bike year round but often ride mountain and cyclocross bikes in the Fall, and road bikes during the Spring semesters.
Club members have the opportunity to practice weekly with one of our ride leaders and ride competitively as part of the Racing Team.
The mission of Mason Cycling is to promote and support all kinds of cycling and endurance athletics at George Mason University.
We take on the responsibility of coaching our members in proven USA Cycling methodologies that include leadership, sportsmanship, athletic conditioning, cycling skills, and teamwork.
Additionally, we provide a Sports Management support and opportunities through our volunteer coach and event sponsorships.
Tons of Opportunities to Participate
Mason Cycling is an all-inclusive competitive organization that encourages all participants regardless of skill, age, sex, or race.
We enjoy members who have a desire to participate, the determination to do your best, and a willingness to work together as a team.
We would love for you to have a good bike (and can recommend some great choices and deals), but you don’t need a bike to be a member of our club.
Additionally, our members are not required to race and try to have several social rides and events every year to make everyone feel included.
Club Sponsored Events
We ask that all our members attend each of these events as volunteers and allow anyone to race/ride each event for free.
Perks of being a Mason Cycling Member
When you become a Mason Cycling Club Member, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Participate in Mason Athetics and Club Sports events, training, and activities
- Be eligable to receive an exclusive Mason Cycling racing jersey every school year
- Travel with the club to ACCC competitions with paid travel, accomdations, and race entries
- Travel with the club to USA Cycling National Competitions with paid travel and accomdations
- USA Cycling National Competition race entries (if qualified)
- Gain experience in race day sports management with hands-on planning, direction, and safety opportunties
- Access to coaches and athletics trainers
- Discounts from Club Sponsors (e.g. local bike shops, specific vendors, and sports retailers)
- Leadship opportunities that include both Mason Cycling and Club Sports President’s Council positions
How do you Become a Member of Mason Cycling?
To become a member of Mason Cycling, you need the following:
- Be a full-time George Mason University student (e.g. 9-Credits or above) in good standing with the University during the year of membership
- Complete all the forms in the Club Sports Pre-Participation Packet and have those forms completed in IMLeagues.
- Obtained a Sports Physical within the last 365 days and/or have it on file with the George Mason University Athletics Department
- Pay a one time (once a school year) annual dues *
*Annual Dues for the 2017-2018 year are estimated to be $150.00. However, this amount may change based on direction from Club Sports. Please check with firstname.lastname@example.org for the current year amount.
If you have any questions about Mason Cycling, or would like to join, contact us today: